Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Another 1" of rain today, no need to water.

Not sure which rabbit hole I fell through, but it's June 25th. 2014 , I believe I am in Austin, Texas but the high temperature is supposed to only hit 89 degrees today. Another cold front blew threw around 9am this morning cooling things off and bringing 3/4 to 1.5" around the Austin area today We are somewhere in the 3-4" or rain over the last 2 weeks and with temperatures hovering in the low 90s all week, this is the mildest start to the summer I've seen in the past 20 years in Austin.

The Highland lakes sit at 40% which is better than 2 months ago when we were at 38%. Now we just need some of these rains to land in the Upper Basin area and run off into the Highland Lakes.

For now, I'll just enjoy the cool weather....while it lasts.. oh and turn OFF your sprinklers this week.  No need to supplemental water established landscapes.... HAPPY MOWING THIS WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment